Saturday, March 11, 2017

Maria's River

Dear Families of Room 10,
      Last night was the final performance of Maria's River.  It has been an honor and a privilege to work on this production with such a wonderful cast and crew.  This play has special meaning to me because I wrote the vast majority of it while spending time with my dad this past summer.  I remember sitting at his kitchen table while he was resting and having him yell to me, "Hey Les, did you finish the play yet?"  And at that point, I would give him an update, run a particular line by him, or share one of the songs I selected.  As you know, my dad passed away on December 17th, and I know he was looking down on all of us and singing along when the children performed.  He was my both my greatest fan and honest critic.  I quietly dedicated last night's performance to him.
      Because I wasn't in a position to take photos during this process, I am attaching another photographer's pictures.  Enjoy and stay warm this weekend!    Lester B. & Class







No comments:

Post a Comment