Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 2 of Parent Conferences


Greetings from Room 10,
This week I met with each of your children in small groups.  In our guided reading groups, which consist of four leveled readers, we are focusing on reading fluency.  Readers’ theatre is our focus.  It’s both challenging and fun.
In writing, I taught the children about three different types of leads:  descriptive, action and dialogue.  Subsequently, they revised their leads and shared them with their classmates and Mrs. Bonacquist.  On Friday they typed their “Special Place” essays in the computer lab.  Next Friday, my hope is that their pieces will be published.  I plan to begin the historical fiction unit this week.  We are all excited about beginning a new writing piece.
On Thursday, I will be giving the children a crayfish vocabulary quiz.  They will also learn to take notes based on a crayfish power point I have created.  I will give them an outline, and they will be expected to take notes.  This is certainly good practice for the Middle School
Wednesday is a half-day.  The children will be released from school at 11:45 for parent-teacher conferences.  I have already sent home reminders about your scheduled conference day/time.  I am looking forward to meeting with you to discuss your child’s progress.  I very much enjoyed the conferences I had with nine families last week.
I am excited to be working with several young ladies from our class to sell bracelets Friday evening at the Harvest Dance.  Proceeds from their sales will go benefit breast cancer.  The bracelets, which the girls are making, will be sold for $1 or $2 each.  They are also planning to sell them at the school store in the very near future.
Enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!                                               Lester Betor

No comments:

Post a Comment